Friday, September 18, 2009

The Aquarium


We woke up this morning with a full day ahead of us, if by "full day" you mean, what will we do for the next 12 hours?  Well,  this is always kind of a depressing thought at the dawn of a new day.  And then I remembered my membership to the aquarium.  We went once, at the zenith of the August tourist season, and it was so crowded, we didn't even see everything before Zoe and Gunter began to unravel.  

The thing I like about the Vancouver Aquarium is that it's a real aquarium.  There's no History of the Trout, there's a baby beluga whale!  And sharks, and piranha!  My cell phone photo may not tell the whole story, so let me describe.  The beluga whales are white, and this is the baby riding above her mother.  Isn't that great?  A fabulous way to spend the morning.  And now that the rainy days will begin soon, we'll be doing it a lot.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey Cha Cha ;) We're going to get a pass to the Aquarium by December so we'll definitely have to go lots :) I'm so glad you blog! I love your name(s) ;)