Monday, November 16, 2009

Shrooms

We went for a walk, and found these lovelies:

Not being a friend to the mushroom, I had a little bit of gag reflex.  And yet, I couldn't turn away...
  

Where's the gnome?  Where's the unicorn?  Where am I?  I swear they were real because when I touched them with my well-shoed foot, they moved and had the heft of what I imagine a large, disgusting mushroom would have.  Nor have these cell phone photos been doctored to enhance their red color--I can barely upload photos to this blog!  What are they?  Anyone?

3 comments:

William Asay said...

It's good you had a gag reflex, as these beauties are toxic. They are toadstools, although of what genus, etc., I do not know. In France you can take any mushroom/toadstool collected into your local pharmacy for a proper designation of toxicity or edibility, as well as classification according to type. Try that in Vancouver, and let me know.

Kimberly Huish said...

Wow! What pretty pretty shrooms! I have to admit I would of thought the photos were doctored, if you hadn't said otherwise. I've never seen anything like that in real life. Yes, I was wondering too, where is the gnome?

Angela said...

Wow!!!