Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bragging?

I have to brag a little. Yesterday, we went to see the cauldron with Blizzard's family. It looks quite impressive here along the water. But doesn't it seem like we're far away?


Oh yeah, it's because we are far away. Nothing says "class" quite like a chain-link fence. Really, Vancouver? Is that really the best you could do?


I am, exactly at this moment, watching the men's halfpipe gold medal round. So, I thought I'd just step outside to take a picture from my balcony. I know this is kind of a ridiculous photo, but the very highest light you see is Cyprus, the venue where this is taking place. That's it, the halfpipe! Right now! It's true, there is no snow whatsoever up there. During the day, you can see there's a strip of white, and I'm not sure how they've held onto it. They actually had to refund a few thousand standing room tickets because the ground is just too muddy. Sad.

Well, I must get myself to bed. We're waking up early so I can take the kids to stay with their cousins in Seattle, while I come back up and spend 3 days with Blizzard and the celebrities in Whistler. Kiss, kiss!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Super fun Cha Cha. Can't wait to hear all about it. Lucky!

The Ricks said...

Say "Hi" to Feist for me. I swear, I was a little miffed at Matt when he mentioned on Facebook that oh, he just happened to be going to the Feist concert.

Miss you, and have fun!

Janell said...

We are having fun watching the Olympics and think of you often. Have fun with all the celebs!

Tash said...

We watched and it was fun this year, but Vancouver has nothing on SLC sorry!! 2002 was glorious...well they have the medal count and that was awesome but I mean the venue. What is your status...When do you guys come back? Does Blizzard have his same job or a different one etc etc etc...send me a note on fb. What a wonderful life it mustve been there for a few weeks...congrats on a great experience!! P.S. the kids are adorable...this is my favorite age 3.5