Monday, March 15, 2010

Rock. You got to rock on.

Gunter loves music. Zoe loves to dance. This gives them plenty of opportunities to play together, and it gives me so much to laugh about. It really works for all of us. Gunter has this piano that moonlights as a "relectric" guitar. They wanted to play and dance on stage, so this is what happened (see above photo). I was in the other room, and I heard Gunter say to Zoe in a very bossy tone, "you got to rock, Zoe. You got to rock on." Oh, and she did.


Gunter working for the Olympics has given me so many opportunities I never would have had otherwise. Like, sitting on the front row of the closing ceremonies. Who gets to do that? That's Team USA by the way.

Lindsay Vonn got interviewed right next to us. Blizzard was very excited about that.


The Spectacle. I can appreciate that Canada wanted to laugh at themselves a bit, and for us, it worked. But I think a lot of Canadians were rolling their eyes at propogating the canadian stereotypes. I did get a picture of William Shatner (certain of my family and friends will very much appreciate this), but he was so small in the photo, he just looked like a tiny, glowing dot.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Can't wait to hear about all your awesome Canadian experiences in person!

Julie said...

That is so amazing that you got to experience that! You're kids are darling!

Julie said...

That is an amazing experience!
You're kids are darling!

heather said...

So cute. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I may sneak in a visit--just me--in September. Love, H